Sunday, August 13, 2006

18.2 nighttime miles to the GW Bridge

All weekend long I had been aching to bike to Long Beach, but a work emergency kept me busy until Sunday after dinner.

I worked throughout Friday until 7am Saturday; then Saturday til 1am, and Sunday til after dinner.

(Although Bearette and I did briefly detour into the Central Park zoo after lunch on Saturday, to commune with the penguins, polar bear, sheep, alpaca and pigs.)

Anyway, on Sunday around 9pm it was too late to head to the beach, but I did head out for a fun ride to the George Washington Bridge. For some reason the southern walkway is still closed, so I turned around rather than trek up and down several cases of stairs on the northern side.

Headed back along Riverside Drive for a nice brisk return!

Not quite as long as I would have hoped, but better than nothing. I had fantasies about skipping work on Monday to take that ride to Long Beach, but of course that's not in the cards :-)

Saw TBJ and A's wedding photos online - they are beautiful! A nice photo of Bearette and me, too - might get a copy.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bearette24 said...

the animals were very friendly! although the pigs did seem to be upset with each other for a little bit.

6:30 AM  
Blogger Capybaras United said...

it may have been existential angst. After those dramatic hoots they relaxed again.

12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home