Wednesday, August 23, 2006

A bunch of sets with Allen

How many? Can't remember, but you know it's a good workout when you start getting nauseous ;-). Only briefly though, thankfully.

I've been going everywhere by bike these days, even to client meetings. Much faster than being stuck in NYC traffic! Alas, my back has been burning intermittently - probably from carrying the bike up and down staircases so much - and the chiropractor's trying to get me to ease up briefly. Traumatic especially because the weekend's so close. Not sure whether to follow the advice. I'm leaning toward a compromise: not biking to the office because of the staircase, but continuing with my glorious Saturday rides.

He did suggest a fun stretch that doubles as an ab exercise. Lying down, with legs out straight, you lift them to a 20 degree angle. Then bring your knees to a 90 degree angle, and use your arms to pull your knees toward you, which stretches the spine. Then you release and bring your legs back to a 90 degree angle, and straighten your legs as you lower them until the 20 degree point. Repeat 15 times, without letting your legs touch the ground, and you'll feel it in your abs!

The chiropractor thinks I am "competitive". He has a device that applies electrical stimulation to your back, with power that ranges from 1 to 30. Apparently I kept asking him to raise it, trying to beat the previous recordholder. Last time I got up to level 19, this time level 22 ... the record is 24.

2 Comments:

Blogger qinpi said...

hi,
I found that the biggest problem riding bike in NY is the yellow cab...
My name is Pablo and I just launched a new online community of Alternative Medicine - in this place people share their experience with the different treatments.
Can I ask you to share your chiropractic experience?
please write a review- it will take you only 3 minutes.
go to http://www.qinpi.com
click on the "write review" button on your left.
Thanks

Pablo Resnik
www.qinpi.com

1:30 AM  
Anonymous AT said...

I'd love to try the back exercise some time.

9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home