Wednesday, August 30, 2006

More sets with Allen

We had a good workout - I didn't go crazy (on the advice of the chiro) but Allen did encourage me to add weight to the Leg Press, which made it more fun.

Yesterday I got the MRI results back - alas, a herniated disc at L5-S1 (the lower back)! Supposedly if I do the back exercises, it may get 95% better in a couple of weeks. Seems brief for a herniated anything, but what do I know.

BTW, for those of you who haven't had an MRI, they're (shockingly) -- fun! They make all sorts of noises while you're in them -- a disco/breakbeat rhythm with funky tones. Despite what they say, it's not particularly claustrophobic; it's wide, and the area past your head is open to the outside. Plus it was just 15 minutes, with the musical scans taking just 2 or 3 minutes apiece.

5 Comments:

Blogger Bearette24 said...

play that funky music, mri machine.

7:29 PM  
Blogger Capybaras United said...

Yay!

8:20 PM  
Anonymous Allen said...

Sorry about the herniated disk, CU, but I'm glad the recovery time is relatively short. What caused the injury?

9:58 AM  
Blogger Capybaras United said...

Thanks Allen. Not sure, but the leading hypothesis is that as I was carrying the bike up stairs all the time, maybe I twisted the wrong way or something.

6:53 AM  
Anonymous allen said...

Interesting. So it wasn't the biking that hurt you, as much as transporting the bike around.

2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home